To a Mobile Wallet
What is a Mobile Wallet?
A mobile wallet is an account that is linked to a mobile phone into which money can be deposited or withdrawn.
Mobile Money Transfer service is an easy, fast and convenient way to send money to a Receiver’s mobile phone. Available in the Philippines with Globe GCASH or Smart Money and in Kenya with Safaricom M-PESA when money is sent from Canada.
When money is sent to a mobile phone, funds are deposited securely into the Receiver’s mobile ‘wallet’, or account tied to the mobile phone number provided.*
How can I send money to a Mobile Wallet?
- Review the available destination countries and Mobile Operators shown in the chart below.
- Confirm that the Receiver has a mobile wallet* with one of the listed Mobile Operators in the destination country.
- Obtain the Receiver’s mobile number, including the country code.
- Confirm money has been deposited by checking Receiver’s bank account or contacting the bank.
Visit a participating Agent location and complete the Send Money Form with the details including the Receiver’s name and mobile phone number.
Review the available destination countries and Mobile Operators below:
- El Salvador – Tigo
- Kenya – Safaricom M-PESA
- Madagascar – Telma M-Vola
- Zimbabwe – Econet
DID YOU KNOW?
Receivers can use funds in their mobile wallet to:
|Buy goods and services|
- * Funds will be paid to Receiver's mobile wallet account provider for credit to account tied to Receiver's mobile number. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. Funds availability subject to terms and conditions of service. See Send Money Form for restrictions.
- * Standard message and data rates from Mobile Service Providers may apply.