SEND MONEY DIRECTLY TO A QUALIFYING BANK ACCOUNT IN INDIA FROM WU.COM, WU® APP OR PARTICIPATING AGENT LOCATIONS. FOR OUR PARTICIPATING AGENT LOCATIONS YOU CAN DO IT IN 3 EASY STEPS
Download our app.
Fill in the “To Send Money” form with the receiver’s bank details.
You will need the:
1. Receiver’s complete name (ex. Satbir Dillon)
2. Receiver’s full address
3. Receiver’s bank name (ex. Bank of India)
4. The IFSC (Indian Financial System Code). An 11 character code to identify every bank branch uniquely (ex. BKID0000001 – code for Bank of India Mumbai Main Branch). For assistance to find the IFSC code, click here.
5. Receiver’s bank account number (ex. 389786753425)
Funds are sent directly to over 140 National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) banks in India!
Available at participating Western Union Agent Locations in Canada
Money is deposited to over 140 National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) banks in India.
* Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees and foreign exchange rates may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
¹ Cash payout limit for Indian nationals and residents is 50,000.00 INR. Amounts higher than 50,000.00 INR will be paid by check. There is no cash payout limit for foreign tourists. Transactions may however be subject to additional due diligence which may require pay out by way of check or credit to bank account.